Sunday, November 16, 2008

2 steps forward, 1 step back

Evie wasn't able to regulate her temperature on her own, so they have moved her from the open crib back to the isolette. My temperature has always run a little low (around 97.7) but they like babies to be no lower than 98.0. Unfortunately, we weren't able to hold her today during our visit because they were still working on getting her temperature up. The good news is that they are moving her to the graduate nursery and taking out her PICC line (IV) tonight. It also looks like I will get to try breastfeeding for real tomorrow... I'm super nervous!

1 comments:

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

Kim congrats on the little one... I can't imagine the roller coaster you are on, but you seem to be doing well. You'll get the hang of it all in no time, even the breastfeeding thing (tough at first, but stick with it it'll save a ton and its just such a bonding time :) ) anyway hope things continue to improve for little Evie!