

I came across this old picture and it made me laugh so hard I thought I would share. So, if you don't already know, Tim is the most serious, involved, die hard surfer. Well, maybe not to the extreme that he would surf humongous waves, but he loves surfing. Two years ago this summer, Tim decided he would go surfing before church even though he normally never would. This particular day the waves were going to be too good to pass up and he decided as long as he still went to church that day, it would be okay. I should also mention that I was NEVER allowed to swim on a Sunday and still don't to this day. I was giving him a pretty hard time about his decision but let him make the choice because he's an adult. He decided to go out surfing at about 6:30am (church starts at 9:00am). I was still sleeping in bed when I hear Tim screaming at me from the bathroom: "Kim, Kim, wake-up! I was stung by a stingray. KIM!!! Help me, wake-up!" He kept repeating it over and over until I finally got out of bed to figure out what was happening. I walked in the bathroom to find him sitting on the floor with his foot in the bathtub running the hottest water he could. He had in fact been stung by a stingray. He had been walking in the water to surf when he stepped on a stingray. Because it was so early in the morning, there were no lifeguards on duty and he dragged himself up the beach and drove him in immense pain. After about an hour of soaking his foot, I called the hospital and asked what I should do. They advised me to bring him to the emergency room. I got him dressed best I could and drove to the emergency room about 8 miles away. The whole time Tim was screaming in pain. When we finally arrived, they gave him a shot to avoid infection and some cream for the wound. We were sent home and told to keep soaking his foot because the hot water would draw the poison out. We soaked his foot all day and the poison finally drained out completely. the picture shows his foot the day after it happened. Needless to say, I think that was the last time Tim went surfing on a Sunday!

0 comments:
Post a Comment