Monday, August 17, 2009

Busy, busy, busy!!!

What does one do when she works 50+ hours a week and those hours happen to be spread over a six day workweek and she finally has two days off in a row? Cram everything you can possibly think of into those two days!!! So, here's our busy weekend in a nutshell...

Friday night: In'n'Out burger for dinner and catching up on the shows we DVR'd during the week. Evie started pulling herself up to a standing position and said "Da-da", so I also spent the better part of the evening scowling at Tim out of jealousy!

Saturday: My good friend Michelle was in town from Utah, so Evie and I met up with her for an early breakfast and a ton of catching up. I totally forgot my camera memory card, so I don't have a picture to document this fun occasion. After Evie squeezed in a nap, we loaded up and headed for San Marcos for the rest of the day. First stop- visiting my best friend Lauren and her sweet baby Jordy. Also, Evie got to play "catch" with Sunny the dog and hang out with Lauren's mom Linda. I love visiting with Lauren and her mom, and Evie gets such a kick out of Sunny, so it made for a great part of our day. Second stop- visiting Tim's dad at his home which is just a few miles from Lauren. The home was doing a luau, so both Evie and Grandpa Pete got lei'd. Evie was such a hit with the other people at the home and one man kept commenting that Evie was showing signs of intelligence with every noise or move she made. Grandpa Pete also loved playing with Evie's toys.



Third stop- Lucy's 1st birthday party! She had a ball pit which Evie absolutely loved. Definitely on my list of things to have at Evie's first birthday party. We even got Evie to crawl through the tunnel that they had set up. I tried to give Evie a small taste of a cupcake and she gagged herself. Hopefully she'll be more interested by the time her birthday comes around!





Fourth stop- Charger's pre-season game! Tim got a chance to go to the Chargers game with his good friend Garry. Evie and I headed home after the birthday party and I rented 17 again which I thought was totally adorable.

Sunday: Wrestled with Evie all day in church. I tried really hard despite that to listen intently to the speakers in Sacrament Meeting, and was surprised at how much I really got out of it. Not the case for Sunday School or Relief Society though. After church, the Shield's had invited us back up to hang out and try to finish off the leftover food from Lucy's party the day before. Evie and Lucy were really cute with one another, hugging and kissing each other and playing pretty well together.

The worst part about such a fantastic weekend is that it comes and goes so fast. We were dreading leaving the Shield's last night knowing that it meant getting ready for Monday... definitely counting down the days until our beach camping trip and vacation to Portland.

1 comments:

Gma said...

She so has Tim's toes! Look at that one pic in the balls! And she knows how to crawl out of her headband too! Just gets cuter and cuter all the time! And of course she is so intelligent, she is related to me!